Make this hearty, wholesome and easy Keto chili paired with low carb cornbread for a yummy weeknight meal for the whole family!
If you’re just beginning the Keto diet and looking for an EASY recipe for dinner, then you’ll love this easy Keto chili and cornbread recipe!
It’s a quick & easy weeknight meal- that your whole family will love.
My picky eater kids gobbled up both the Keto chili and cornbread. They even asked for seconds…which RARELY ever happens.
A win in my books…and hoping in yours too!
Below you’ll find the recipe for the Keto Chili, which I’ve made in my Instant Pot. But, I’ve also included the cooking instructions for a slow cooker/crockpot.
I’ve linked to the Keto cornbread recipe. BTW…this cornbread is TOTALLY delicious (and did I mention easy?). It such a nice compliment with the chili. YUM!
Even those not on Keto will love this meal.
Before we get to the recipe, I’m going to go over some tips and tricks for making Keto chili….
Let’s get rolling!
Can I Eat Chilli on Keto?
The traditional chili (or chili con carne) is typically not Keto/low carb because of the high carb beans.
You can make chili Keto-friendly with a couple of different options. Your first option is to take out the beans without replacing them with anything (which will basically become meat and sauce). Also to note, the typical seasonings like chili powder, ground cumin and paprika are all okay on Keto.
The second option is to replace the beans with some low carb veggies (like mushrooms, celery, green beans, zucchini, bell peppers, etc) so you get some interesting textures/flavors and some wholesome fiber along with it.
What can I substitute for beans in keto chili?
Substitute the following low carb options to make your chili low-carb: green beans (4 net carbs per cup), black soybeans (4 net carbs per cup) , celery (1 net carb per cup), cauliflower florets ( 2 net carbs per cup), bell pepper (6 net carbs per cup), mushrooms (1 net carb per cup) or zucchini (3 net carbs per cup), or spinach ( 0.4 g per cup).
Keto Chili Seasoning – Hack
Traditional chili seasoning usually consists of paprika oregano, cumin, garlic powder & cayenne. All of these spices are low in carbohydrates, so you don’t have to make any substitutions to make it Keto friendly.
You can either buy all of these chili spices separately or you can buy a premixed bag of “Chili powder” which is usually the perfect blend of the spice listed above.
Just look for a spice mix called “Chili Powder” in the spice aisle. You can even look at the ingredients to see what the spice blend is made out of.
Having the spices pre-mixed makes this chili even easier and faster to make. It’s a hack I’ve been using for years now.
Tools for Making Keto Chili
Click the links below to check out some tools that help make keto chili even easier to make.
this electric pressure cooker is a huge time saver. It cuts down the time by at least half and it’s just as yummy (if not more!). I have been using ours for over 4 years now and we love it! You can find them on amazon
If you don’t mind a tiny bit of prep work in the morning, in order to be welcomed home with hot and ready delicious chili- then the slow cooker or crockpot will be your new BFF.
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large red onion (minced/chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 3-4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 6 oz can Tomato paste
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp stevia or equivalent keto-approved sweetener (optional)
- Optional Toppings:
- Full fall sour cream
- Full fat sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- Ripe avocado
Instant Pot Method
- Heat up your Instant Pot on saute mode with a drizzle of oil
- Once heated add your chopped onion and saute until translucent (2-3) minutes
- Add in your beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes (until browned). Use a spatula to break up the beef into chunks
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except for the Optional Toppings listed above). Stir until well mixed. Press
- Lock in the lid and press the `Keep Warm/Cancel` button which will stop the saute cycle. Select the `Manual` button and enter 20 minutes to the cooking time.
- Once done, you can use the natural release or quick release methods (carefully turn the vent knob to `venting` to release steam.
- Once done, spoon chili into bowls, and add on as much sour cream, cheese, and avocado and you would like. And don't forget the keto cornbread!
Slow Cooker Method
- Heat up a pan or skillet with a drizzle of oil.
- Add in the onion and saute until translucent (2-3 minutes)
- To the pan, add in the garlic and saute until fragrant (1 minute)
- Add in the beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Add in the beef mixture into your slow cooker and add in the remaining ingredients (except for optional toppings listed above). You can omit the 1 cup beef broth if you want your chili to be thicker. Stir until well mixed.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once done, spoon your chili into bowls. Add as much sour cream, cheese, and avocado to your chili. And don't forget the cornbread!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chili Powder Mild: Select Savory Seasonings - Sugar Free - Keto, Low Carb, Diabetic, Diet Friendly, Gluten Free
Sweetleaf Natural Stevia Sweetener Powder, 4 Ounce Shaker
Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sterilizer, and Warmer|6 Quart|16 One-Touch Programs
If you liked this recipe, Pin it for others to find too!