Learn how to make the easiest Instant Pot meatloaf only recipe-geared toward beginner pressure cooker-ites!
Meatloaf is an easy and fast dinner idea- and made even faster in your IP (Instant Pot)! And if you’re new to using the IP, then this meatloaf recipe will guide you through each step (including pics!), so you’re not guessing.
While the recipes below is geared towards low-carb (Keto) and gluten-free, you can use any meatloaf recipe with the directions below. Oh yes, if you’re looking for an AWESOME side dish to go with your meatloaf, check out my roasted garlic cauliflower mash recipe (it’s super smooth and also keto/low carb).
Before getting to the recipe, I wanted to share 3 different options on how to make your meatloaf in the Instant Pot, from cheap/easy to fancy- I’ve got you covered!
What Ingredient Keeps Meatloaf from Falling Apart?
The ingredients that keeps meatloaf bound together are eggs, milk and breadcrumbs – or almond flour as a low-carb option for breadcrumbs.
How Do You Cook a Meatloaf in an Instant Pot?
If you want a cheap and easy way to make your meatloaf, all you need is a bit of foil.
You might be thinking though “Can you put foil in instant pot?”
Yup… you can! It’s the cheapest way to make many things in the Instant Pot, especially if you’re just starting out and don’t want to invest money into accessories just yet. But many people don’t like cooking in foil, which is why I’ve included some no-foil options below too.
How to make Instant Pot Meatloaf in Foil (with process shots)
To use the foil paper approach: first cut a piece of foil and lay it down on the counter in preparation.
Then mix your meatloaf mixture together with your hands until it’s well mixed.
Take your meatloaf mixture and form it into shape on your foil sheet. The ingredients used are gluten-free and low in carb (Keto).
Tip: To make sure your meatloaf will fit the inside of your Instant Pot I use the trivet (I.e. the rack that comes with the Instant Pot) as a guide. I try to make the length of it the same as the trivet.
Once the meatloaf is formed, then you are going to start folding your foil paper around it, making a tray shape (like in the pictures). This will help keep the shape of the meatloaf and let it cook in its own juices.
Once you’re done, pour the Beef broth into your Instant Pot, put the trivet in the pot, and lower your meatloaf onto the trivet. Lock lid in place, set on Manual/High Pressure for 25 minutes.
Once it’s done cooking, spread some keto-friendly ketchup on top and put in the oven on broil for 3-4 minutes and its ready to serve!
Option 2- Instant Pot Meatloaf No Foil: Springform Pan
If you want a no foil option you can use some nifty Instant Pot accessories! This springform pan like this, like this official one that’s made by Instant Pot themselves! It fits nicely into the pot and can be used in high pressure/high heat, safely. I personally have one, and we love it!
My hubby has made a pineapple upside-down cake in it and it was yum!
In terms of the meatloaf, the springform pan will help keep the meatloaf formed, and it will make taking it out after its cooked, a cinch! Just grease it before adding your meat mixture and follow the same cook time in the recipe below.
Option 3 – Instant Pot Meatloaf in a Bundt Pan
If you want to get fancy (for a party, potluck, etc.) then you can form your meatloaf into a nice bundt pan, like this one.
I personally haven’t tried it this way but I’ve seen meatloaf recipes use it in the IP, and they look pretty (can I say that about meatloaf?!?)…anywho, I wanted to pass along this nifty idea to you!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion (minced
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (omit if dairy-free)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sauce Topping:
- sugar-free or Keto friendly ketchup
- Instant Pot:
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients (minus the ketchup and broth) and use your hands to mix them together until well combined.
- Lay of foil paper on the counter. Take your meatloaf mixture and shape it into a loaf form on the foil.
- Take your foil paper and shape it around the edges of the meatloaf (by folding it), so it becomes like a nest for the meatloaf.
- Add the broth to the instant pot. Add the trivet (rack) that came with your instant pot into the bottom of the pot. Lower your tin foil wrapped meatloaf onto the rack.
- Close and lock lid. Select Manual/High pressure and set for 25 minutes
- After 25 minutes is done, do a quick release and make sure the internal temperature of the loaf is at least 155 degrees F. If not, add back into Instant Pot for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Set your oven to "Broil" on high heat.
- Take your meatloaf out of the instant pot, carefully- it will be very hot. Carefully Drain the excess liquid, from the foil.
- Spread your keto ketchup topping on the meatloaf, using the back of a spoon or a marinade brush.
- Put the meatloaf in oven for 3-4 minutes or until ketchup starts to carmelize or starts to bubble.
- Ready to serve! Serve with a side of Low carb / Keto Cauliflower Mash
Tip 1 : Add some extra cheddar cheese under the ketchup for some extra cheesy topping.
Tip 2: Use the handles of the rack (trivet) to carefully take out your meatloaf after its done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup, Whole 30 Approved, Paleo & Keto Friendly (11.3 Ounce Bottle) - Two Pack
Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour, 16 Ounce
Instant Pot 5252051 Official Springform Pan, 7.5-Inch, Gray
Instant Pot 5252033 Official Fluted Cake Pan, 7-Inch, Gray
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 321 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 739mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g