This delicious keto breakfast casserole is chalk filled with flavor and is low carb, dairy-free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Are you looking for an easy Keto breakfast casserole for family breakfasts or to make ahead of time and then grab on the go? Then you are going to love this delicious casserole that filled with tons of texture and flavour.
Make ahead / grab and go meals are ideal for the most missed meal of the day-breakfast!
I’m totally guilty of skipping many a breakfast because my mornings are busy and hectic. This casserole has solved that problem for me. I no longer skip breakfast and feed myself something thats both delicious and healthy- no matter how busy my morning is.
For more yummy, fast and easy meals check out my other Low Carb/ Keto recipes here.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Make this keto breakfast casserole in advance and you’ll have an easy low carb , grab-and-go, breakfast for a few days.
Once it’s baked, just cut it into servings sized pieces and refrigerate, until needed. I store it straight in the glass baking dish, which you can cover with saran wrap or buy a baking dish with a lid that goes with it, like this one.
When breakfast comes-a-calling, grab a serving, pop in the microwave for a minute, or even eat cold (tastes so good too!).
Say goodbye to missed breakfasts!
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole + Dairy-Free
The great thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. It’s 100% keto/low carb, but its also free of dairy which means it’ll also work for those who are following Paleo and Whole-30 lifestyles too.
This is especially useful for holiday brunches, breakfasts when you’re feeding a crowd and everyone might have dietary restrictions.
Even if they don’t, heck I’d still make it because its so easy to whip up and actually tastes good!
With fluffy eggs, delicious sausage meat, smooth spinach and everyone’s favorite- bacon.
What’s not to love!
Honestly, this casserole doesn’t need any toppings, but if you want to give your taste buds a bit of change, here are some low carb ideas to give it a twist:
- Sliced fresh avocados
- a Splash of hot sauce
- A spoonful of salsa
- Shredded cheese (if eating dairy)
- Keto-Friendly Ketchup or BBQ sauce
- Sour cream(if eating dairy) & chives
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
The first thing you’ll need to do is cook up your sausage meat and bacon until they are cooked through.
If you can’t find sausage meat at your local grocery store, then you can buy regular sausages and just remove the casing before cooking them. If that’s too much work, just cook the sausages as-is then chop them up into small pieces afterwards. Once the sausage is cooked, set aside.
Once the bacon is cooked, cut into small bite sizes pieces and set aside.
Add in your spinach and chopped onion into the pan. If you’re cooking frozen spinach, thaw it first and remove as much water as your can from it (by squeezing it out with your hands or a cheesecloth). No extra steps are needed if you’re cooking fresh spinach.
Cook your spinach/onion mixture until the onion is translucent, and spinach is wilted.
Once ready, add both your meats back into the pan and mix the spinach/onion and meat mixture together.
Dump this entire mixture into a large bowl.
In another large bowl crack 12 eggs and add in 1/2 cup of coconut/almond milk and 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Whip until well mixed.
To assemble the casserole, take a 9″ x 13″ over safe dish and dump in your spinach/onion/meat mixture to the bottom of the dish. Spread it evenly across.
Then pour the egg mixture overtop.
TIP: if you have any leftover bacon, crumble it on-top of the egg mixture, it will look nice once baked.
Place your over safe dish into your preheated oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set (I.e. not runny) and edges of the casserole are golden brown.
Once cooked, let cool for 5/10 minutes before you slice it.
- 12 eggs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Keto Breakfast Sausage Spice Blend:
- 1 tsp dried sage
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cook your ground pork with Keto Breakfast Sausage Spice Blend. Crumble the meat and cook until fully cooked through. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Cook your bacon until fully cooked. Reserve bacon fat in pan. Once cooked cut or crumble your bacon and add it into the bowl of cooked sausage meat.
- Add your chopped onion and thawed spinach to the pan with bacon fat. Saute until spinach is wilted and onion is translucent. Once done add spinach mixture into the large bowl with sausage and bacon. Mix well.
- In another large bowl crack 12 eggs, add in salt, pepper, almond milk and almond flour. Mix until well blended.
- To assemble the Keto breakfast casserole, first add your meat/spinach mixture to the bottom of the dish. Spread mixture evenly across the bottom of the dish
- Next pour your egg mixture overtop the meat/spinach mixture.
- Optional: if you have any leftover bacon crumble, add it on top of the egg
- Place in the middle rack of your heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set. Poke the middle of the casserole with a fork, if it comes out clean its done!
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in fridge and reheat portions in microwave.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 352mgSodium: 989mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g