Make this delicious no-bake, peanut butter pecan bars with only 5 ingredients (Keto, low carb and vegan-friendly too!)
I’ve recently been on the hunt for a quick and easy Keto bar (fat-bomb) recipe.
And I’m excited to share that I found, quite possibly, the easiest (and yummiest) Keto bar recipe EVER!
Also, if you’re looking for more low carb desserts, check out this 21+ Keto desserts list.
back to the bars…
It’s such a simple and easy recipe, especially when you don’t have a lot of time to bake something- or you just need something sweet ASAP.
And the best part? If you’re already eating Keto or low carb, you probably have all the ingredients already at home!
Only 5 ingredients, my friends! And it’s vegan & dairy-free and naturally gluten-free, too.
And most importantly….so so delicious!
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Pecan Bars – with process shots
Add peanut butter, oil, and sweetener to a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes (stirring halfway). Stir contents of the bowl until well mixed (should be thin & creamy)
Allergen Note: if you’re allergic to peanut butter, you can use any nut butter or sunflower butter as an alternative
While the peanut butter mixture warms up, chop up the pecans into small pieces.
To chop the pecans really fast, use the following hack:
Add your pecans to a large freezer Ziploc bag, and zip it shut.
Lay it flat on the counter or on the floor. Using a rolling pin (or something else heavy, like a meat tenderizer, etc.) crush the pecans, by hitting the bag repetitively (tapping motion).
By using this method you can control the chunkiness of the pecans too!
Add the chopped pecans into the warm peanut butter mixture. If you want some as a topping, you can either reserve some or crush some more afterward.
Mix the peanut butter and pecans together until well combined, using a large spoon or baking spatula.
Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, and then pour the peanut butter/pecan mixture into it. Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture out evenly, in the glass dish
This part is optional, but if you want a topping on your bars, you can add bigger chunks of pecans on top (which is what I did).
Or a suggestion from Urvashi’s recipe: use a mix of different seeds like pumpkin seed, hemp seeds, etc.
Once you’ve added your toppings, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Once out of the freeze, lift the bars (using the parchment paper) out of the glass dish and onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
If you want to get fancy (or love chocolate) you can drizzle some chocolate (recipe below) over top- using a spoon, and these Keto peanut butter pecan bars are ready to enjoy!
If you don’t like chocolate (yes, this is a real thing) and want a smoother texture bar, chop up your pecans very finely, omit the pecan topping and chocolate drizzle and you’ll get beautiful bars like the following picture.
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or maple extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Optional Topping and Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or bakers chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped up pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Heat peanut butter, oil, and sweetener in a microwave-safe bowl, for 2 minutes in the microwave. Stir halfway through (1-minute mark). Stir until ingredients are well-blended.
- Add the extract and chopped/crushed pecans to the peanut butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the square baking dish.
- Optional: Add the 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans as a topping on the peanut butter mixture
- Freeze until set - about 20 minutes. Cut into 16 pieces
- Optional: heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute, in a microwave-safe bowl (check at 30 seconds to make sure not burning). Once melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the cut bar pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
Ghirardelli Premium Baking Bar 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate, 4 Oz, Pack of 12
365 Everyday Value, Organic Creamy Peanut Butter, Unsweetened, 16 oz
FISHER Chef's Naturals Pecan Halves, 24 oz, Naturally Gluten Free, No Preservatives, Non-GMO
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Pyrex KC35587 FBA_1105395 Basics 8.1" Square (2 Quart), 8 inch, Clear
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Disclaimer: Peanut Pecan Bars is excerpted from Easy Keto in 30 Minutes: More than 100 Ketogenic Recipes from Around the World © 2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography © 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.